The Miramichi means business. Our low cost of doing business - one of the lowest in Eastern Canada and the Eastern US seaboard - teams with our low cost of living to form an attractive package for any new business venture. Local, provincial and federal stakeholders work with investors to develop customized incentive packages designed to secure success. Our community offers prime commercial properties and manufacturing spaces with transportation infrastructure and logistics already in place, ready to turn your business potential into reality.
We're a large industrial hub, with 27% of our workforce engaged in manufacturing. Our community college system and nearby universities offer extensive training programs and research capacity, fortifying our existing skilled workforce. International markets requiring a reliable source and supply of quality goods need look no further than the Miramichi, with our proximity to major North American markets and our excellent transportation connections.
Business success. It's just in our nature.
• City Population 18,129 (2006 Census)
• The Miramichi Region Population 84,247
• Total persons age 15 and over 15,320
• 80% speak English; 20% both English and French
• Low municipal tax rate at $1.5840/$100 for owner occupied residential; commercial and industrial rate is 1.5 times the residential rate.
• Educational levels meets or exceeds the provincial average
• Dominant Industry Division of the City's labour force is retail (15%), manufacturing (14%), health services (13%), government (9%) and education (8%)
• World's first Smart Technologies Showcase Community (2010)