Kids “N” Kops
The Kids “N” Kops program is a joint initiative of Big Brothers/Big Sisters and the Miramichi Police Force and has been held each summer for 14 years under the coordination and supervision of Sergeant Bob Bruce.
The Kids “N” Kops program provides a forum in which children, police officers, public safety officers (Off Road Enforcement), sheriff’s officers, paramedics, correctional officers and fire fighters are able to interact in a positive and meaningful way.
The children chosen are between 8 – 12 years of age, with a maximum of 16 children annually.
The Goals of the Kids “N” Kops program are to:
– Provide contact with positive adult role models
– Promote trust between law enforcement and children
– Foster a realistic and positive prospective of police officers and other emergency service providers in the community
– Provide opportunities to children identified by Big Brothers/Big Sisters
– Establish lasting alliances with the youth in the Miramichi Community
The partnerships created by this program are long lasting and rewarding.