Fire won’t wait. Plan your escape.
October 9 to 15, 2022 is Fire Prevention Week, the theme is “Fire won’t wait. Plan your escape”. Did you know that today’s homes burn faster than ever. If a fire starts you may have as little as two minutes (or even less time) to safely escape a home fire from the time the smoke alarm sounds. Your ability to get out of a home during a fire depends on early warning from working smoke alarms and advance planning. Most important of all be fire safe everyday to prevent a fire from starting.
For tons of great fire safety information, activities and more visit Sparky’s website by clicking “HERE!”
Fire Prevention Week colouring page, click “HERE!” for a free printable Fire won’t wait. Plan your escape.
Plan your fire escape by clicking “HERE!” for information to help create your home fire escape plan!
Hey kids, this a page for you with information about fire safety. There is links to other sites that you might find interesting.
Our Top 10 Fire Safety Tips for You
- Check to see if you have a working smoke alarm on each level of your home.
- Remind your parent or guardian they (aka grown-up) to test all smoke alarms at least once a month.
- Practice with your family a home fire drill at least twice a year.
- Memorize your address and your telephone number in case you need to call 9-1-1 for an emergency.
- Don’t ever play with matches and lighters as they can be dangerous.
- Stoves and barbecues should only be used by adults, ask them if you can help.
- If you have space heaters in your home they should be at least one metre away from anything that could burn.
- Candles are for adults to use only. Never leave them unattended.
- If a fire happens, get out and stay out!
- Stop, drop and roll if your clothing catches on fire.
Fire Safety Videos
Click HERE! to check out our Fire Prevention Week video.
Cliquez ICI! pour accéder à notre vidéo sur la Semaine de la prévention des incendies.
Click on I SPY!!! so you too can listen for the sounds of fire safety.
You know the drill click on FIRE DRILL , twice a year, families should practice a home fire drill.
What to do if a fire happens click on Get OUT and Stay OUT, to learn more.
Fire Safety Activities
Do you like to colour? Do you like firetrucks? Click HERE for our free printable fire truck colouring page.
A Click Away for more Fire Safety Websites
Questions about Fire Safety
If you have questions about Fire Safety or about our Fire Department or maybe ideas to put on our Kids Zone page. Ask a parent or guardian to email us email@example.com with the Subject heading Kids Zone Question. Please include your name and how old you are. Make sure you include the best way we can contact you. We will get back to you as soon as we can.