in Community Wellness & Recreation
The Community Wellness & Recreation Department office is located at 94 General Manson Way. The office hours are 8:30 am – 4:00 pm Monday to Friday. Due to Covid-19 restrictions the Miratech building is open by appointments only. Please call the Recreation office at 623-2300 for assistance.
Public Notice – Covid-19 Orange Phase Update
The City of Miramichi will be re-opening its recreational facilities on Monday, January 11th, 2021.
The following additional general guidelines are now in effect at City facilities during the Orange Recovery Phase:
- No games will be permitted in facilities, sessions are limited to skills and drills.
- All patrons will now be actively screened upon entry.
- Occupancy, spectator and participant levels have been reduced to meet physical distancing requirements.
- Limited use of changerooms/dressing rooms
- All spectators must maintain physical distancing of 6 feet/2m with continuous use of mask.
- Mask wearing in all facilities is required (indoors and out) except during vigorous fitness activities. As such masks are strongly recommended for public skates and are mandatory for use and must be worn until swimmers are in the water at the pools.
- No access to showers will be permitted at all facilities.
- The following programs will not be offered during this phase: Shinny Hockey, Teen Centre, Open Activities, Floor Hockey, Gym and Pool Rentals
We would like to take this opportunity to thank the public for their patience and welcome them back to our facilities.
WINTER INSTRUCTIONAL SWIM REGISTRATION- Rescheduled to Wednesday, January 13, 2021
Online registration will go live beginning Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 5:30pm at: app.bookking.ca/miramichirecreationpub/
for those wishing to pay by credit card. At the same time walk in registration will be held from 5:30 pm-7:00 pm at the Recreation Office for those who wish to pay by cash, check or debit card.
Please follow Covid-19 guidelines when entering the building. Masks must be worn at all times while you are in the building.
Important Notice: Please be sure to have your family profile completed prior to registration. For those without computer access, you can call the Recreation Office for assistance in completing the profile. All programs have limited space and completing the individual/family profiles will save time and speed up the registration process for your convenience.
To view the pool schedules and new rules & guidelines regarding Covid-19, click: Swimming Pool Information