in Community Wellness & Recreation
The Community Wellness & Recreation Department office is located at 94 General Manson Way. The office hours are 8:30 am – 4:00 pm Monday to Friday. Due to Covid-19 restrictions the Miratech building is open by appointments only. Please call the Recreation office at 623-2300 for assistance.
Public Notice – Covid-19 Orange Phase Update
The City of Miramichi will be re-opening its recreational facilities on Monday, January 11th, 2021.
The following additional general guidelines are now in effect at City facilities during the Orange Recovery Phase:
- No games will be permitted in facilities, sessions are limited to skills and drills.
- All patrons will now be actively screened upon entry.
- Occupancy, spectator and participant levels have been reduced to meet physical distancing requirements.
- Limited use of changerooms/dressing rooms
- All spectators must maintain physical distancing of 6 feet/2m with continuous use of mask.
- Mask wearing in all facilities is required (indoors and out) except during vigorous fitness activities. As such masks are strongly recommended for public skates and are mandatory for use and must be worn until swimmers are in the water at the pools.
- No access to showers will be permitted at all facilities.
- The following programs will not be offered during this phase: Shinny Hockey, Teen Centre, Open Activities, Floor Hockey, Gym and Pool Rentals
We would like to take this opportunity to thank the public for their patience and welcome them back to our facilities.
To view the pool schedules and new rules & guidelines regarding Covid-19, click: Swimming Pool Information