Recreation Department Office Hours:
The Community Wellness & Recreation Department office hours are 8:30 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Friday with lunch closure from 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm.
For up-to-date program information, visit:
What’s New in Community Wellness & Recreation
MISSION STATEMENT AND CORE VALUES
“Recreation is the experience that results from freely chosen participation in physical, social, intellectual, creative and spiritual pursuits that enhance individual and community wellbeing.” – Canadian Parks and Recreation Association
Mission Statement: The City of Miramichi Community Wellness & Recreation Department will engage residents of Miramichi in meaningful lifelong recreation experiences that enhance individual and community wellbeing by providing access to enjoyable, high quality, sustainable, and accessible recreational experiences.
- We will ensure that we provide residents with fulfilling and relevant recreation experiences that meet their needs.
- We will provide meaningful, accessible, and inclusive recreational experiences across the lifespan and to populations that face constraints to participation.
- We will improve the economic impact recreation has on the City by investing in recreation and promoting the recreational experiences available in the City and region for residents, future residents, newcomers, developers, and visitors.
- We will provide leadership in increasing awareness of the benefits that meaningful recreational experiences have towards personal health, mental health, emotional health, and social cohesion.
- We will improve the quality of experiences and access to open spaces, parks, facilities, and programs for residents by meeting the guidelines for universal design.
- We will build partnerships with community groups, organizations, and individuals to address the unique needs and capacities of the community.
- We will provide excellent customer service in meeting the needs of all residents and users.
- We will engage residents and users in the planning of recreational infrastructure and services.
- We will protect, preserve, and improve our natural assets that benefit the physical and mental health of our community.
- We will continue to develop facilities, programs and services that are financially responsible, beneficial, and sustainable over the long-term.
Community Wellness & Recreation Department
94 General Manson Way, Suite 4
E-mail: Miramichi Recreation
Office Number: (506) 623-2300
Information Line: (506) 623-2323
Storm Line: (506) 623-2333
Fax Number: (506) 623-2306
Full Time Department Staff:
|Manager of Recreation Operations
|Facilities & Admin Coordinator
|Community Development Coordinator